Thursday, November 28, 2013

The End of the Road

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn." -Helen Keller

          Many times we fail in life because it just wasn't in the cards for us to be successful at a certain time. I am a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason". Life isn't easy and choosing to transfer from St. Andrews was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. There was no one reason preventing me from falling in love with the university. It is a great place, but not the place for me. It's hard to face the fact that you didn't make the right choice for yourself. All the effort put in, only to be rendered useless. Maybe I wasn't meant to study in Scotland for 4 years. At 18 years old, I understand that I don't have all the answers and I won't always make the right choices. But I won't let a little slip-up ruin my college career. This is not the end for me.

          As we live each day, we have to realize that it isn't the end unless we choose for it to be. We can either let our circumstances beat us down or we can get back up and keep going.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment