Sunday, March 16, 2014

#SB2014

You have seen it in movies. Half-naked girls, unlimited flow of alcohol, scandalous and possibly illegal activities. For many college kids and young adults, this is the usual Spring Break experience.

But not me.

I have never thought of myself as the "party girl". Maybe one day I'll discover what it's like to be one, to wake up not knowing what you did the night before, to do things you never thought you would but did for the hell of it being Spring Break, to be reckless and carefree; but this is not the day.

So I spent the week glued to my electronics. I got to relax and spend 50% of my day in bed. I watched an unhealthy amount of old Law and Order: SVU episodes. I was somewhat productive in buying a new internet modem/router and fixing my family's wifi and going shopping at the mall. I scored a gorgeous new clutch purse, some tank tops, and a couple of spring/summer headbands.

If anyone is still concerned, my hair issue is still an issue. I think that is how I phrased it the last time. You would think there would be a point when my hair would stop shedding, but my body continues to prove me wrong. My dermatologist prescribed iron supplements so I think that a stupid iron deficiency was the root to my entire problem. I'm really nervous because at this point, two months after I started seeing the signs, it's pretty obvious that I have lost a ton of hair. I have to wear a hat/headband/beanie everyday now.

So life is pretty terrible right now but I'm trying to stay positive. I don't have a life-threatening illness. I haven't lost any limbs. I'm not in a hospital bed. And I will get better. I will get through this.




No comments:

Post a Comment