Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to School 2014: What's in my Backpack

It's that time again! As we say goodbye to summer, we welcome (begrudgingly) the hustle and bustle of school time. I got a perfect 4.0 last semester of college (humble brag) and hope to continue the trend into a semester with 2 math classes, organic chemistry and physics. I thought I would share with you all what's in my backpack as I prepare for my sophomore year of college. Wish me luck!



This is my backpack. As tempting as it was to go for the floral, cutesy, neon backpacks, I don't trust that those types of backpacks would be able to keep up with all my binders, papers and textbooks. My last Jansport backpack lasted 6 years and could probably go 6 more. I went with this pattern because it was still girly and feminine and durable. The heart pattern reminds me of the bokeh effect in pictures. This bag was on sale at JC Penney for $45. It is the design with all the pockets. My last Jansport only had a main compartment and a small one at front so this is a definite upgrade.


In the main compartment of the backpack, I have two binders, each filled with dividers and notebook paper, two folders, my lab notebook (I only have this on days when I have labs), a green 3-subject notebook from last semester (so now it's more of a 1.5 subject notebook), a pink 1-subject notebook, my agenda and my Blogilates fit journal.


What I carry in my backpack depends on how each of my courses are structures. Last semester I had an English class where the prof passed out so much paper it needed it's own binder and on the flip side I had a Mass Comm class where I didn't get a single sheet of paper. Most times I would carry one binder and folder depending on what classes I have that day or what work I need to do outside of class. I would also have a textbook if I needed. Like I said, it depends on the course. Most times, the prof gives lectures so you don't need the textbook in class; you need it when you're doing homework.


And this is my Blogilates fit journal. I made a post about it earlier. I did 4 weeks back in February and then stopped because of some health issues so fitness wasn't my top priority. I have 8 weeks left on this so I may start it back up in September.


This is my regular school-related agenda that I got from Walmart for $8. There weren't many agendas I could find under $10 but Walmart surprisingly had a great variety with pretty designs.


In the thinner large compartment is where I would keep my laptop. I got this laptop case from Walmart a while back. Just goes to show you can find nice things at a Walmart. My lab coat is also in there. I also bring it on days I would have a lab.



In the thin zipper in the front (which I call my go to pocket), I keep some writing utensils for easy access. I have a pencil bag but when I need a pen/pencil asap I don't want to have to go through two layers of zippers to get one. That's just extraneous zipping.


I have a black Papermate pen which comes on a variety of colors other than yellow. I have 3 BIC colored pens. It came in a pack of I think 10 and with a green pen but it's hard to see green ink. I have a houndstooth mechanical pencil which in my mind is the MVP of writing utensils. First, it's a mechanical pencil. Then, it's shaped like a regular pencil (hexagonal shape). Then it's houndstooth printed. It came in a pack of 12 from Staples for $6 and it's still there if you want to buy them. Then I have a free pen I got because colleges give you free pens. And lastly, I have a highlighter.


In the small compartment I have my TInspire calculator and my pencil bag. It carries the other 5 designs from my collection of mechanical pencils, the remaining highlighter colors, extra free college pens, other black pens with different color plastics and some flags to use for bookmarking.


In the smallest pocket at the very front I keep things that I would normally carry in my purse like my phone and my wallet/keys. I would probably throw a lip balm and a granola bar in there too.


On the side I have a place for my water bottle. Honestly this was my favorite part of the backpack because my old Jansport backpack didn't have this and this was the one MUST-HAVE feature I needed in a new backpack. I always carried a water bottle in the main compartment of my backpack and sometimes it would get my papers dirty.

So that was everything in my backpack. Like I said before, the chances of ALL these rings being in my backpack at the same time is pretty low. Once I figure out how to efficiently stuff my backpack it will probably be lighter. And I can't guarantee I won't lose any pens/pencils in my go to pocket after the first week. I hope you liked this post. Keep following for more posts. I am pretty determined to keep posting at least one a week.

xx


3 comments:

  1. Where did you get your bic colored pens? I have been looking everywhere for them and I cannot find then anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your bic colored pens? I have been looking everywhere for them and I cannot find then anymore

    ReplyDelete