Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Australia Day 1: It's Christmas Eve...or...Christmas?!

(Hello everyone to the first of many daily Australia trip posts. I am a little late. I needed a little time to get my bearings but it is full steam ahead for the next week.)

Today's the day. Let's rewind back to the moment we boarded our first plane from Dallas to Sydney.  A 16 hour flight sounded a little daunting since the longest previous flight I had taken was about 12 hours but surprisingly, we fared well. I originally had an aisle seat which I swapped with my sick brother. I was prepared to be miserable in the middle seat but then the crew told me that I could stretch out on a two seater since there were 120 empty seats. The first four hours were a drag. I listened to the Serial Podcasts to stay entertained. Then the next ten hours consisting of on and off sleeping, readjusting my sleeping position a dozen times and listening to more podcasts. Then I watched Frozen for the first time.

When we got off the plane I saw my cousins, their parents and our grandpa at the airport. It was so nice to see them, some for the first time ever. Once we got home, we opened presents. I will just list off everything I got.


Kikki.K. Sentence A Day Stationary Journal
The Body Shop Gift Set
Junk Gypsy White Cardigan and Belt
Watermelon Beach Towel
Baby Story Tea Cannister


We ate Christmas lunch consisting of lamb, chicken, mashed potatoes and so much more. We played soccer at the park and at home we played games. Then we got to get to know all of our family. Adelaide isn’t a big tourist city so we will mostly be spending time with family. We still have a little jet lag so I fell asleep at 9pm. Great start to our ten day trip in Adelaide.


No comments:

Post a Comment