Sunday, January 4, 2015

Australia Day 3: Outdoors in Adelaide

Another early morning in Adelaide! The Jet lag is still in effect so I woke up unusually early but that's okay because today I am going hiking for the first time with my cousin.  Today we are hiking about 3 miles to Mount Lofty. When we drove there I was surprised at how many people where there hiking; it's something I would never find in Texas.  We started it off with a nice photo in front of a little waterfall (I'm rocking my bodypop leggings). Then we started actually hiking and man, was it brutal! My legs were so sore from climbing all the way to the top. Some sections of the hike were incredibly steep. When we finally reached the top we celebrated with ice pops and selfies. The view of Adelaide was worth the effort. The downhill was a lot easier aside from me eating it once as I was going down a steep bit. But it's okay I have bruises and battle scars to show off my first hiking expedition.

After the hike, we all went to a family picnic in the park.  We played ball and ate shrimp on the barbie (hehe). Life in Australia is very laid back.

At sunset, we drove to Glenelg beach with our cousins. The water was cold and the waves were fierce. We tried playing beach volleyball but it did not go too well so we ended up playing in the water which was very salty.

This is what I would call an active day. We spent a lot of our day outside. It was very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment