Wednesday, November 26, 2014

LORAC Royal Collection Lip Lustre Creme Collection REVIEW


When I saw LORAC's new Royal Collection my first instinct was to buy everything. From the packaging to the naming, I love the overall Royal Theme. I already had their sweet temptations 4 quad eyeshadow set so I didn't buy their Royal Eyeshadow Collection even though I really wanted to. I decided to stock up on some lip products. I don't wear lip gloss too much since I'm in college and I tend to tone down my makeup but I couldn't resist the opportunity to expand my collection. I don't have any non-drugstore lip products and for $25 for 6 (about $4.16/each) full size lip glosses I couldn't say no. This set is an Ulta Exclusive. The cashier even complimented it and the one next to her said that she had bought the set too. This would make a great Christmas gift for someone. Or if you want to keep a couple and give some away as stocking stuffers, that would be good too. I plan to go back during Black Friday to see what else I can get.


I know the packaging has nothing to do with the quality of the product but I will say that Lorac's packaging is amazing. The gold tops of the glosses add a chic look. The box it came in has gold detailing and the maroon part is actually a fuzzy felt. If you buy the 4 quad eyeshadow collection, the packaging is also felt.

I will retype the description on the back:
LORAC rules this season with The Royal Lip Lustre Creme Collection. Give your lips the Royal treatment with our luxuriously creamy and delightfully smooth Lip Glosses that are loaded with antioxidants of Acai Berry, Pomegranate, Grape Seed and Vitamins A, C & E to protect and soothe your luscious, regal pout. This Royal family of Lip Lustre Cremes comes complete with 6 magnificent, high-shine shades that are fit for a Queen. Own the throne with The Royal Lip Lustre Creme Collection.


From left to right:
TIARA (Nude)
CROWN JEWEL (Cherry Red)
DEBUTANTE (Exclusive Warm Pink)
YOUR HIGHNESS (Hot Pink)
ENGLISH ROSE (Exclusive Pale Pink)
MAJESTIC (Exclusive Mauve)

The names are on the bottom so you know which is which. All the glosses are matte and not sticky at all. The nude one has a hint of shimmer but it is not very obvious. My favorites in this set are Tiara and Majestic. I haven't tried all the colors but from the swatches I would say that the pinks in the middle were not as opaque as the others. Overall I am in love with this set. There is a very diverse set of colors that will complement any look. For the price of a drugstore lip gloss and quality of a high end product you can't go wrong.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment