Monday, November 24, 2014

WOW: Workout of the Weekend (sorta!)

I just wanted to share with you all my progress the past couple of days I worked out Thursday, Friday, took a rest on Saturday and went back on Sunday. I totaled over 24 miles in those three workouts. I cheated a little because a lot of it was cycling which I like so much better because it's low impact and now my calves are looking good. I also tried the stair master for the first time. It looked intimidating but I can definitely feel it working my thighs.

November 20, 2014
1.5 mi treadmill run 16 min
4.5 mi cycling 25 min
2 mi elliptical 27 min
Total: 8 mi 1 hr 8 min

November 21, 2014
2 mi treadmill run 20 min
0.5 mi treadmill walk 8 min
2 mi cycling 10 min
1.5 mi elliptical 18 min
Total: 6 mi 56 min

November 23, 2014
4 mi cycling 20 min
2 mi treadmill run 23 min
0.5 treadmill walk 9 min
55 floors stair-master 10 min
4 mi cycling 20 min
Total: 11 mi 1 hr 22 min

Weekend Total: 25 mi 3 hr 26 min

I don't know how to convert stair master into miles so I just rounded up my total. I am thinking of keeping track of calories burned too to be even more thorough. These aren't the most exciting posts I know. But if you get anything out of this, let it be that a month ago I never went to the gym. I ran outside for cross country in high school and would occasionally step on a treadmill or elliptical but now I am more serious about getting into shape. I stepped on a scale today and was excited to see that I had lost one pound since last week. Don't let anything hold you back. You may feel out of place at first. You may have trouble adjusting the seat on a stationary bike, hesitate on what buttons to push to start the machine, step on the boundary and a little trip on the treadmill (all happened to me) but I promise you, you will be a natural gym rat in no time silently judging those who put their machines on the lowest resistance level!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment