Monday, November 3, 2014

Music Mondays: November Playlist


I thought I would try a thing. Music is not my forte. I mostly listen to whatever is the most accessible/whatever play on the radio a.k.a. pop music. I like to mix it up every now and then though. This is some new/relatively new music I have added.

Take Me To Church by Hozier
I looked up this single on wikipedia and found out it's been around for about a year and a half. Hozier was on Saturday Night Live recently and I guess he's blowing up like Sam Smith now.

Riptide by Vance Joy
I am a sucker for songs with ukulele. Vance Joy is Australian which is a plus.

Try by Colbie Callait
I first heard this song on Dancing with the Stars. As a young female person, I think it is so important to have a song like this to listen to.

Jealous by Nick Jonas
A Jonas brother successfully goes solo. I hear this on the radio a lot which is good for Nick Jonas. His past efforts fell short but this single is a winner.

Got Love by Tove Lo
I pride myself of hearing (and loving) Stay High way before every one else did (around April/May 2014). This is my second favorite song of hers. It was free on iTunes for a while which was why I initially gave it a listen.

Style by Taylor Swift
Of course I can't get through a Music Monday without mentioning Taylor Swift. The album as a whole is mediocre but I do love this song, primarily because I'm sure it's about Harry Styles and I like imagining through Taylor's eyes what I must be like to date Harry Styles. I didn't even get it until about a dozen listens that the title Style must be an allusion to a certain curly-haired boybander.

Beg for It by Izzy Azalea ft. MO
I first heard this one, again, on Saturday Night Live. MO was off but the studio version is quite nice.

Reflections by Misterwives
I think I heard this song in a commercial. I like the singer's unique voice and the song's overall sound.

Dangerous by David Guetta ft. Sam Martin
I really just like the piano section in the beginning but the rest of the song is decent so I guess I like the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment