Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Charlotte Russe Haul/Review

Here’s the next installment of Connie shops too much online with her debit card. I’m in a current transition where I donate clothes I’ve had since high school and buy new clothes to fill the void.

Crochet & Chevron Print High-Low Dress $28.99  $11.60
I liked the mix of crochet and chevron, two popular trends. I wouldn’t say it is really crochet though. It’s just a textured white material. The thing I don’t like about this dress is that it is inadequately lined. The white part has a thin lining on the front and not the back, and even with it, I don’t think I would be able to wear anything but a nude-colored bra underneath because it would show through. The bottom part doesn’t have any type of lining under it either. It’s feels cheaply made and not something that should have been priced at $28.99. I did get it for 60% off so I won’t complain too much.

Neon Scarf Print Cold Shoulder Shift Dress $28.99  $11.60
This is one of my favorites purchases. I had nothing like this in my closet. It is one of three shift dresses from Charlotte Russe. I love the bright pink paisley pattern and the black piping on the top and the cold shoulders. This one does have a lining under it. My only gripe is that it is a little longer than I thought it would be.

Crochet & Chiffon Flounce Shift Dress $26.99  $9.49
This is one of the clearance dresses that I bought. Again, another fusion of two current trends: crochet and chiffon.  Coral is also a trendy color. The only bad thing is that it has a v-neck back which shows a little of my bra underneath.

Strappy Floral Print Cold Shoulder Shift Dress $28.99  $11.49
Another shift dress! I liked the straps on this dress. The print looked a little different than it did on the site but I actually like it a lot more in person.  It’s a more subtle print. Overall, I like this dress.

Lightweight Striped Scarf $9.99  $3.99
I absolutely love scarves. I was overdue for a new scarf and I didn’t have a striped one. I liked the color on this one and it was only $4.

Coral Metallic Bandeau $16.99  $1.99
I really only bought this because I was just under the amount needed to qualify for free shipping. I was also drawn to the fact that it was only $2. It has since been removed from the online store, which is expected when you discount a swimsuit bandeau to $2.

Retail Total $140.94
Sale Total $50.16
Total Discount $90.78 (64.4% off!!!)

So that was my Charlotte Russe Haul/Review. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase. My bargain hunter tip with Charlotte Russe and online shopping overall is to monitor sales (Charlotte Russe ALWAYS has some type of sale) and decide which one is best to pounce on. I made my purchase during a 60% off dresses sale. Two dresses had qualified for 60% off and the other two were already on sale. My order was shipped a day after I placed my order. Shipping took only four days; two days sooner than expected. Everything was individually packaged with the price tags on them. Five stars for Charlotte Russe.

Xx


GirlInAFantasyland

No comments:

Post a Comment