Saturday, October 18, 2014

How To Save Over $100 on Swimwear Without Really Trying

If you haven’t realized yet, I am a major bargain shopper.  I rarely buy anything that is not on sale. You might as well call me Connie the Cost Efficient Shopper (because Connie the Bargain Hunter doesn’t sound as poetic).

I was window-shopping at my local mall one day and I wandered into JC Penney.  I was browsing around the sale sections since most of the clothes are above my price range. As I was looking through the racks a sign that said Clearance $2.97 caught my eye.  It seemed too good to be true so I looked at the price tags and sure enough there were $2.97 bikini pieces. Long story short I walked out of JC Penney with one bandeau top and a top and bottom swim set paying less than $10 for them.  So the shopping moral of this story is shop early (or late, it’s a matter of perspective) for swimwear in October and save a boatload of money.

ANA Bandeau Top $44.00 $2.97
This feels like a good quality bandeau. I couldn’t believe that this even retailed at $44. This came included with a removable strap in the same colorful print. I love the gap in the middle.

ANA Banded Hipster Bottoms $44.00 $2.97
Again, another $44 swim suit piece. It has the same colored lining. I love the crisscrossed detailing at each side.

Arizona Jeans Bandeau Top $28.00 $2.97
I love the pastel tribal print of this bandeau. My favorite part of this bandeau is the braided section in the back. It comes with a sewn in braided strap in the middle. It looks like it included a removable strap like in the ANA Bandeau Top but there wasn’t one in the empty plastic bag.

Retail Total $116.00
Sale Total $8.91
Total Discount $107.09 (92.3% off!!!)

Overall, I am very excited about this purchase.  I don’t have a lot of swimwear and the fact that I got these good quality pieces for $3 each.  I will be going to Australia in December where it will be summer so this sale came at the right time. Until next time!

Xx

GirlInAFantasyland





No comments:

Post a Comment