Sunday, October 12, 2014

Forever 21 Haul/Review

Being away at college to me is synonymous with guilt-free online shopping. Maybe it's the distance away from my family that makes it easier to buy stuff online and get it in the mail so far away that they never know it happens.
That being said, I still have some cash on my UK card when I was abroad and seeing as I can't use it here without charges, it goes to feed my online shopping addiction.
The dangers of online shopping are that sometimes expectations fail to meet reality. I'm not super high maintenance so I can usually work around any mishaps I may come across.
Without further ado, let me give some feedback on the 6 (7, I'll explain down below) items I bought online at Forever 21.
Scottish Terrier Sweatshirt $15.80
A basic sweater at Forever 21. They have the same type in Boston Terrier, Horses, whatever suits your fancy. I bought a size M because I like my sweaters baggier. The design is cute and the sleeves go to my palms. I wish it was long enough for me to wear it with leggings without judgement but alas, it is not. The material is pretty thin, like a light cardigan. It won't do a lot of good on it's own during average winter day. Pair with a pop up collar and a skater skirt for a nice transitional season outfit.

Low Impact - Reversible Chevron Sports Bra $12.80

I loved the concept of a reversible sports bra. It's like 2 in 1 even though people's would even see it. This did not come with removable pads as they had listed nor did it have a sleeve sewn in to put ones in. First issue so far with this shipment. But what puzzles me more is what kind of sports bra doesn't come with padding? It's still a cute design and I pair it with a tank top that also has a sports bra without padding sewn into it. So I guess two wrongs make a right?

Power Mesh-Paneled Leggings $12.80
I tried to find them online again, but they have been taken off. Just picture black leggings with a mesh stripe down each side. Anyways, this is the one I was most excited for. I ordered a small because I consistently fit the small size. But with these leggings, I struggled to comfortably fit them. They were so skin tight I thought they would rip down the middle in yoga class. But I guess that will be my motivation to work out.

Low Impact - Cami Sports Bra $7.80

I bought this in purple. It's great. Nothing to really say about this.

Basic Cuffed Denim Shorts $7.80


If there's one thing Forever 21 is good at, it's offering affordable demin.  Sure, it's not the most high quality but for $8, I'm content. 

Crepe Woven Shorts $12.80


I wanted black shorts like this. However I will say after putting it on, the inseam is very low which makes it pretty easy to see what's underneath if you're not too careful. I don't really like the way they fit on me. This one is kind of a miss for me. 

Pleated Woven Top??
This would have been the 7th item but it did not come in the mail. This was one of their weekly deal items. I guess they ran out and couldn't give me one. Thankfully I wasn't charged for it so I won't pursue it more. However this did dampen my online shopping experience. But I have had favorable past experience with F21 so I will keep shopping here. Overall, I was happy with my purchase.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment